We are a local community group running initiatives to reduce the carbon footprint of East Oxford
Open Homes in East Oxford 14 and 15 June 2014
This Saturday and Sunday (14-15 June) six homes will be open as part of the Green Open Homes weekend across Oxford, by arrangement with Low Carbon East Oxford.Find out what actions local people have taken – big and small – to make their homes more comfortable, and to reduce their energy requirements.
You can see and chat about major refurbishment – including internal and external solid wall insulation – and the latest in lighting, as well as learning about draught-proof strips around front doors, door curtains and a cost-effective way to cut out draughts from sash windows. Most homes are open to drop in on the afternoon of Sunday 15 June. Please check for details of opening times for each property.
Hope to see you there!
- families with pre-shcool children
- elderly and vulnerable residents
- homeowners aged 60+
- private tenants
The LCEO AGM 2013
A BIG THANK YOU for everyone who attended the AGM! It was great to see you all there and we really appreciate your support and interest in LCEO! Please see below for the links to the minutes and presentations:
Please join us!
We’d love to have you on board. Here are 3 things you can do:
- Join our email newsletter – sent once a month with positive news & events in Oxford.
- Follow us on Facebook & Twitter.
- Join the steering committee – discuss the changes you’d like to see; plan new initiatives; be part of the solution to global warming. Email the LCEO group now to join the committee or ask any questions you have
Monthly Newsletters now published
All our newsletters are published – to select and view – go here
These newsletters provide up to date bulletins covering local community action and partnership building. For instance you can find out more about LCEO’s collaborative projects with local student groups including the Oxford Student Consultancy (University of Oxford) and architecture students from Oxford Brookes.
More than 200 east Oxford Homes thermal imaged!
Low Carbon East Oxford’s inaugural thermal imaging project is now complete.
Check out our photo gallery for the latest events
Thanks to Oxfork for hosting our Winter Social!
Our Winter Social 2012 party took place at a lovely Oxford cafe, Oxfork (39 Magdalen Road, OX4 1RB Tel: 01865 243280). The seasonal root vegetarian two-course meal was delicious.
The raffle held – recycled a raft of items including a high-end P.C speaker system that is now being used in a local primary school
Our recent projects have included:
- LESS – the Landlord Energy Efficiency Scheme (LESS) was a big initiative to save tonnes of CO2 per annum by improving the energy efficiency of the many private rented homes in East Oxford. We won £38,000 funding from Department of Energy and Climate Change with our application and LESS Business Plan. We trained 23 people as energy assessors and performed 200 surveys on properties across East Oxford. We are currently providing energy advice to 50 of these properties and transforming one property into a Jubilee Superhome that will have external solid wall insulation to significantly increase the energy efficiency of this property and become a showcase for the surrounding area.
- Won a national competition for the installation of a solar PV installation from Joju Solar.
- Community information sharing initiatives (including community meetings about food and local business, stalls and via our website, Twitter & Facebook pages) to raise awareness of the issues and provide solutions.
- Facilitated 7 solar PV installations in East Oxford.
- Giveaway Day where households gave away unwanted items to others
Where is East Oxford?
Low Carbon East Oxford is a community group. See our Constitution (PDF).
Writing about our group? Need a big logo? Click the logo below to download a 2000px version: